Saturday, October 24, 2009

I had an old email account, amw_12567 and I can't seem to find it. I was not on line for awhile, and the ?

security question--well I have answered all I can think of. I Need my folders in that account. How can you help me retrive it?? Thank you In real trouble with them folders!(not to mention all my contacts

I had an old email account, amw_12567 and I can't seem to find it. I was not on line for awhile, and the ?
You can't guess at answers to the security question. YOU set up the security question and answer. The answer to the security question needs to be something that is fact, not made up. So try that. If it's been 90 days or longer since you've logged into that account, the account would have been rendered inactive. Sometimes accounts can be reactivated, but any folders created, emails stored or contacts you had when it was active, would be gone if the account is reactivated. They would not be retrievable.





To reactivate





1. Go to http://mail.yahoo.com


2. Type in your user name and password to log into your account.


3. You will be taken to a screen saying that your account has been deactivated.


4. At the bottom of the screen, click on the link that says "Reactivate my account without protection."


5. When prompted, re-enter your password.


6. You will be taken to your Yahoo Inbox.





Again... If your account has been deactivated, you will not be able to recover any messages, created folders or address book contacts you had accumulated before your account was suspended or deactivated.


No comments:

Post a Comment