Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Transferring Email from old to new account?

Hey there! I had an existing Yahoo! email account. However, I wasn't satisfied with the username that I had selected. So, I went over and created a new email account with Yahoo! again. I'm trying to shift over ALL the messages in my Inbox of my old Yahoo! account to the inbox in my new Yahoo! account. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Transferring Email from old to new account?
You should have received an email in your new account from Yahoo offering to transfer your email from your old account. They use a service provided by Trueswitch.





Here's the link: https://secure5.trueswitch.com/yahoo/. The link will walk you through it all.





I know you spoke about your inbox only but, just in case: I found out the hard way that the service will NOT move the email you have in your sent folder. In order to transfer the messages in your sent folder you have to do the following:





1) Create a new custom folder in your old account (I called mine "old sent").





2) Move all of your sent items into the new custom folder.





Neither Yahoo or Trueswitch was of any help when none of my old sent items transferred to my new account; I had to figure this out on my own. Frustrating, to say the least.





Then do the transfer of your mail.







sample survey

No comments:

Post a Comment