Saturday, October 24, 2009

Can I revive (or reopen) the Yahoo email account that I closed a month ago?

When I typed in the account name and password just now it said that no such account exists. But when I closed the account, a months ago, a message from Yahoo said they would keep the account in a kind of limbo status for 90 days. So all my old saved emails on that account must still be there somewhere. But how can I get to them? Thanks.

Can I revive (or reopen) the Yahoo email account that I closed a month ago?
When you close an account, all email sent to it will bounce back and the email in the account will be deleted. The limbo status you refer to probably means that you can create a "new" account with that old handle because they won't let anyone else have it.





If you go to Yahoo help and ask "how do I close my account" it will detail all the specifics. It is very clear that no data is saved.


No comments:

Post a Comment